Wednesday 4 July 2012

The story so far.......

Hello and thank you for visiting the blog. I find myself graduating this Summer from the University of Exeter with a Sports Science degree, after 3 extremely enjoyable and rewarding years at St Luke's campus. Starting in September I will be taking up the role of Strength and Conditioning Coach at Bloxham School; an exciting opportunity to learn and develop as a coach and already the staff there have made me feel very welcome. However, between now and then I will be working at a English Summer School based up at the historic Rugby School, this will comprise coaching a variety of sports to mainly European children aged between 11-18. I worked for the same company last year and although challenging at times I thoroughly enjoyed it; your communication skills are well and truly tested when coaching sport to children who have a very basic level of English!

My home for the last 3 years, St Luke's Campus-University of Exeter 
The main aim of this blog is to reflect and hopefully debate many of the challenges that I face in the next year. Although coaching during the day at Bloxham, I will be assisting the welfare and pastoral work of a boarding house during the evening, which again will bring new challenges and perspectives. It is also my aim to keep my Sports Science knowledge up to date, this will involve occasionally posting reviews of scientific papers/articles. I hope you enjoy the blog and please feel free to leave a comment whenever you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment